Sunday

Clothes Racks

I grew up doing "sink dishes", I enjoy doing my dishes by hand, it gives me some time to reflect, similar to hanging clothes out on the line.
I have a dish washer.
I use it every now and again too.
But my preferred method is to do them by hand.

I have amassed quite a collection of flour sack dish towel's that are at my disposal, bearing everything from embroidery to paint to just plain.

This little beauty has been my towel rack for quite a long time now...


While it gets the job done, it is not the greatest place because... the towel slips or gets bumped off and lands in a heap on the floor, rendering it unacceptable to dry dishes.

Many long years ago I knew this was a problem and I kept my eye's open for a solution. Imagine my happiness when running across a marvelous idea a few years ago,it was soon placed on Honey's 'to-do list'.

Well not to long ago its number came up, that, and, he finally got tired of the dish towel living on the back of the stool.

So out to his garage he trudged with a picture firmly in hand. 
Upon his return he had a light covering of sawdust about himself, along with the smell of Thompson wood sealer, bearing a screw gun in hand along with a pocket full of screws. Laying them down on the counter he silently turned, retracing his steps to retrieve his master piece then to strategically hang it...





Standing back to admire his workmanship I was giddy with the pleasure of his gift.
While I was busy doing my happy dance I then hang the dish towel out of the way now to dry, Honey slipped silently from the house once again, disappearing into the abyss of his 'man-cave', only to return shortly with a second surprise...

A larger version for the laundry room...

We think it might be a good idea to hang one outside this Summer too.

If anyone is interested in buying one of these Handy-Dandy drying racks just let us know.
The towel racks are approx 25 inches down with the arms extended length 13 to 15 inches for $25.00 the large is approx 34 inches down with the arms extended length 21 inches for $ 35.00. shipping and handling may apply.

missysplaceovergmail.com

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet & thoughtful gift!!! Missy, these are very clever!!! Have you thought about Etsy..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI MISSY - I LOVE YOUR NEW BANNER - YOUR PHOTO'S ARE WONDERFUL.

    XOXO

    JULES

    ReplyDelete