Monday

Resolutions ? No Thank You

I don't make new year's resolutions.

I haven't for many years.

The reason being, I would make a list of things I wanted to do,or to stop doing, then it seemed that I would sooner, rather than later, take that cute little note book I had purchased to put my list into, set it down someplace and forget where I put it.

Once upon a time, I attend a women's meeting where the speaker talked about positive affirmations.
She may very well have been there just for me, because it was something I had desperately needed to learn about, yet didn't even know it.


From that time on I have made a list of positive affirmations for myself, that I read every morning. I am not a professional and I do not claim to be one, but I have had greater success with the affirmations than I ever did with resolutions.


Then one day as I was blog surfing I ran across this post about Mondo Beondo Lists  I was impressed and soon incorporated this into my life as well.
Honestly, I do not know how it works, only that it does. Later I read on that same blog about how she picks a word for the year. Again, I feel impressed to incorporate this into my growing little arsenal of self help information.

So while it is legally past the 'normal' time of setting New Year's Resolutions, I live on  undeterred.
I just dug out the cute little notebook I picked up last year, for my go at this year.
The same way I make my journal's only in miniature...






I shall begin, taking as many days as it takes, to write my positive affirmation list, reviewing my Mondo Beyondo list, added to the new addition of "One Little Word".


The word I have chosen for this first year is "Alive", as in having life; living; existing; not dead or lifeless, in a state of action; in force or operation; active: to keep hope alive, full of energy and spirit; lively: having the quality of life; vivid; vibrant...


I will be making something to prominently place, to help me remember my "word", a few affirmations and I'm set.

3 comments:

  1. Hey look Im on your journal (:
    Xoxo
    Bobbie
    Ps
    Iloveyou ((:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your on a couple of my journal's and my FIRST contributing blog author!! Thanks again for the wonderful job you did writing my "Meet Missy Here" introduction!!

    I love you to the Moon & Back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Missy,

    Love your banner and love the word you've chosen for the year. =)

    ReplyDelete