Friday

The First Walk...

Today was the day!

I hitched up the little dogs, Cutie Pie & Poopsy (Story behind the name changes are for a later post). Tiny noses to the ground, off we went. Stopping every foot for a closer inspection and calling card leaving...it took a very long time to get half way around the block.They were very good, considering they haven't ever walked on leashes until they came to live with us, they were prancing right along.
Then the man with a big dog came past us. His was pulling  forward, he was leaning heavily backwards, mine were diving for cover behind me, all three were growling and my little killers were barking. I am pretty sure they were throwing out taunts such as, "We can bite you hard on the foot and our mom will save us-wanna see?!" or "this is our walk and you have to go to a different part of the world because we own this one-we are the princess' and can do what we want and we want to bite your feet all over!".  While I'm pretty sure he was saying, "One bite and you two are breakfast appitizers!". The nice man was stronger than his big dog, I managed to lift my two and carry them past, they, never knowing the danger, pranced happily on thier way back home...where they have been asleep since.
I wasn't done, so I went for a walk. One I could actually get some momentum behind. It was a beautiful morning, sings of Spring on the bushes...




This is where I came from...


This is where I was going...




Past childhood memories...

My best friends house.


My Aunt and Uncle's old house (it was my Gramma and Grampa's house before that).



Sign's of yard work were evident at many homes...



As were sign's of children in the hope of Spring sunshine...



Tree's were loaded with pine cones and tiny buds...



The snow is climbing back toward the the mountain tops...



Crocus' are popping up in many yards...



Yes, Spring has decided to make hr apperance, and I have begun to walk.
Both miricles in there own ways...

1 comment:

  1. You came down our neighborhood! Fun! You wouldn't have seen any of that yardwork yet at our house but we do have the summer toys out already!!

    Glad you were able to get out, beautiful morning!

    ReplyDelete