Wednesday

Where Is Peace To Be Found?


A while ago a deeply troubled friend asked me... 
"Where is peace found!? I guess there just insn't any!"

Knowing only my own perspective, and not wanting to appear preachy, I was a little reluctant to answer her that day, or even here today.

But how can you watch CNN, read Newspaper Headlines, read or hear of school shootings,natural disasters, wars and rumors of wars,and basically, to live in this old world, and not wonder where to find peace?

Different things at different times, to different people, bring a lack of peace into the world, our communities, our homes and our own individual lives.


My own belief is that personal peace is of vital importance!
Without it, doubts creep in, followed closely on the heals of fear, discouragement, and loss of hope. All this adds darkness to an already darkening world.


I told my friend, "I only know one way to turn on a light in my life, and I honestly only know one place to look for peace... And that's up, to Jesus Christ."

He is where I find my center, and my peace.
  


 John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.




Selah "Be Still My Soul"



"Rescue Me" by Selah


Mormon Tabernacle choir singing " Where Can I Turn For Peace"

1 comment:

  1. Love this Missy!! So so true. Love you!

    BTW, see I am actually posting as "JENI" today?! YEA!)

    ReplyDelete