Tuesday

Facing The Fat...I Mean Facts

I love food.

The more flavors the better-I say!

A party for your mouth!!


The problem with my loving food is that, oddly enough, I have gained a smidgen bit more weight than I feel comfortable with.
(Did you hear the sarcasm in the typing there?)

I would like to tell you that all the gained weight is chalked up to hypothyroidism, and/or 'setteling years'. However, that would be only half of the story.

The other half of the story is that I am not as active as I once was.
(There's a shocker for ya-huh?).

I also would like to have placed as firm evidence, that eating late supper's then being sedentary for the remainder of the evening, is very helpful...IF...you want to become a Sumo wrestler.

So health and lifestyle being what it is, can only be changed... IF... I do something about it.

I have set goals, seen Dr's, threatened to start exercising, stopped eating chocolate (That was a total surprise to me, I have NO IDEA why that even happened...I am NOT complaining about that little perk AT ALL).

I even went so far as to accumulate two small dogs to encourage me to go out walking...riiight.
They don't like snow, wet, cold, or mud...they are Princesses~

Well I can no longer procrastinate the inevitable, I have to get moving.

So today.
(this was written on my Birthday by the way).
I set the alarm an hour early, then promptly shut it off when the darn thing started buzzing under my pillow, at 'to early o clock'...Birthday, remember?

Later in the day I went for a walk, not long, but a walk.
The weather was beautiful.
The sun warm.
Not a breeze even stirring the Spring air.

It was delightful.

I set my alarm after dinner tonight, placing it a distance from the bed, so I have to get up to shut it off, plus, I set out my walking attire.

I will let you know how it really goes down...

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!
    Giving up chocolate? What a horrible thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good luck! I've had Hypo since June of last year and it's an emotional roller-coaster! But if you make healthy lifestyle changes like you said, it will be okay to live with.

    Walking is the best. I seriously do it every day with the kids. You'll enjoy that one.

    If you need diet ideas/tips I do have a few that my aunt passed on to me.

    You're BEAUTIFUL! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    P.S. Can you wish for WARM spring weather when you blow out your candles??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes :)
    I think I blew the chocolate thing yesterday wtih white chocolate covered popcorn... but I'm over that kick now :)
    Sabrina I will message you and get some recipes from you-everything helps!! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete