Monday

All The Marbles...

Here it is.
All the marbles...or should I say all the pictures?



I have been being totally intimidated by my iPhone all week end.

All I want to do is to get the pictures I have taken on my phone, over to my desktop computer.
Not a hard thing right?

Not when I'm involved apparently.

My first attempt was-traumatic.

A friend came and helped me get started, then needed to go. It was taking a really long time and neither of us could figure out why.

Well when it eventually finished doing its thing.

HOURS later.

I was horrified to find that it did NOT put any of the pictures from my phone onto my computer, but rather, put ALL the pictures from my computer onto my phone.

I was impressed that it held 11022 pictures.

Be that as it may, I was not impressed that I could not get them to erase off the phone.

So in a panic I set off for the phone store just around the corner, the panic on my face must have been evident. As the woman who was destined to try to help listened to my dilemma, her face frozen into a smile, said, "I have no idea what to do. Let me go ask some one who has been here longer."

Soon everyone was, impressed that it held that many pictures, Wondering, "Why" I have that many on my computer in the first place and living with the understanding that none of us knew what to do to get them off.

When in walks a couple I know, they asked what all the hub-bub was about, nut shell explanation and my friend says, "Oh that's easy".

May I just tell you that those words were music to my ears!

I went home and did as he recommend, with totally different results.

But I got a plan hatched.

I took ALL the pictures from my computer, (by the way the reason I have so many-besides the fact that I love photos, is that I dabble in professional photography). So I took them all and put them into one folder, then transferred them all to my external hard drive, then deleted them from my computer, re-synced the phone and VIOLA! It worked.

In a way.

I still don't know how to get the pictures from my phone to my computer...

So I am emailing them to myself.

So there you go. It's either all the marbles, or I've lost my marbles, one or the tother...

No comments:

Post a Comment